Girls on the Run 5K
A community run benefiting the
Girls on the Run of Sedgwick County’s Scholarship Fund
When: Sunday, November 16, 2014
Start time: 2:00pm . Join us for pre-race entertainment starting at 1:00.
Where: Riverside Park, 720 N Nims St, Wichita, KS 67203
- $25 (12 and older) OR $15 (Children under 11) through October 26
- $30 (12 and older) OR $20 (Children under 11) through November 15th
- $40 Race Day (All participants)
Form a team and save $5! Click here to learn more!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE FALL 5k!
Girls in the program are already registered for the 5k. No refunds will be given for duplicate registrations.
Register online through November 12th at 5:00pm.
- Register in person at Packet Pick-up November 14 at GoRun East and November 15 at GoRun West.
- Race Day Registration will be open from 1:00– 1:45 p.m. at Riverside Park.
- Packet Pick-up will take place Friday, November 14 at GoRun East (1:00pm-7:00pm) and Saturday, November 15 at GoRun West 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. and Race Day (Sunday, November 16) from 1:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m. at Riverside Park. We will have more than 1500 runners at the event and therefore HIGHLY encourage participants to pick up their packets in advance to avoid waiting in line race morning.
5k Course Map
Community runners have the option to register for the 5k as a competive runner for $2.50 more. This will give the runner an offical timed run.
*Note running buddies and program participants will not be timed.
We need many volunteers to have a fun and successful race. Visit the Volunteer at the 5k page to view the race day volunteer opportunities and Packet Pick-up shifts on November 14 and 15th.
T-shirts & Merchandise
All 5k registrants will receive a GOTR 5k Beanie with race registration and a finishers medal! Girls on the Run merchandise will be available for purchase while supplies last at packet pick-up and at the merchandise tent on race day.
All participants of the Girls on the Run Fall 5k will receive a GOTR Finishers medal upon completion of the run.
Awards will be awarded to Top 3 Overall Male and Female Finishers and 3 deep in the following divisions for Males and Females: 14 -18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & above. Winners must be present at the finish line to receive their prize. Awards not claimed at the finish line will not be mailed.
To help facilitate a positive race experience for all runners and walkers, we ask that you practice standard 5k etiquette:
- Runners who are chiptimed will line up first with non-chiped timed runners lining up behind them. Please look for signage. Chiptimed runners will begin the race at 2:00 and the non-chiped timed runner will follow shortly after.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the street and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Allow runners to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- If you see a runner who needs medical attention, please alert a Course Marshal.
- Run or walk in pairs only. No groups of three or more across the street as it would block other runners from passing.
- Do not wear another runners bib. It is mandatory for runners to register for the race so each participants signs our waiver. Also, wearing another runners bib will alter the race results.
- No dogs may accompany runners/walkers in the 5k.
- No bicycles are allowed on the race course (except for designated bike marshals).
- While strollers are discouraged, participants may run or walk with a stroller BUT they must start at the very back of the race (even if running with a Girl on the Run participant).
There is plenty of street parking surrounding race village. You can also park in the lot across the street from the Indian Center, in the parking lot north of the zoo at Riverside Park.
Race officials may cancel, delay or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued.
Race registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.