Spring 2014 5k
Spring 5k Run
A community run benefiting the Girls on the Run Scholarship Fund
When: Saturday, May 10, 2014
Start time: 8:30 am. Join us for pre-race entertainment starting at 7:15.
Where: The Wichita Boathouse, 515 S Wichita St
Check out our Spring 5k course in downtown Wichita!
Program Participants: Girls currently enrolled in the 10 week GOTR program DO NOT need to register for the 5k, they are already registered.
Running Buddies: Running buddies must register by April 11th. Please list the name of the program participant and her site/school.
We need many volunteers to have a fun and successful race. Visit the Volunteer at the 5k page to view the race day volunteer opportunities and Packet Pick-up shifts on May 8 & 9.
T-shirts & Merchandise
All 5k registrants will receive a commemorative short sleeve T-shirt and finishers medal.
Other Girls on the Run merchandise will be available for purchase while supplies last at the merchandise tent on race day.
Medals for all finishers.
If you would like information about sponsorship opportunities please contact Christy Thomas.
To help facilitate a positive race experience for all runners and walkers, we ask that you practice standard 5k etiquette:
- Please do not push or rush to the starting line once the gun goes off.
- As much as possible, please try to run at an even pace the entire race instead of starting and stopping, sprinting and walking, etc.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the street and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Allow runners to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- If you see a runner who needs medical attention, please alert a Course Marshal.
- Run or walk in pairs only. No groups of three or more across the street as it would block other runners from passing.
- Do not wear another runners bib. It is mandatory for runners to register for the race so each participants signs our waiver.
- No dogs may accompany runners/walkers in the 5k.
- No bicycles are allowed on the race course (except for designated bike marshals).
- While strollers are discouraged, participants may run or walk with a stroller BUT they must start at the very back of the race (even if running with a Girl on the Run participant).
There is plenty of parking around the Wichita Boathouse. You may park in the Water Walk Parking Garage, Gander Mountain Parking Garage or the parking lot across the street from the Wichita Boathouse.
Race officials may cancel, delay or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued.
Race registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.