Volunteer at the 5k
At the Girls on the Run 5k we need more than 100 volunteers to ensure we have a safe and fun race. We hope you join us! Our 5k is not like any other race – it’s a celebration!
Girls on the Run and Girls on Track participants (girls in 3rd – 8th grade) come together at the end of the 10-week season to run/walk 3.1 miles. They all have the same goal of completing a 5k and to continue moving forward in life. Help us celebrate the many girls from across the Sedgwick County area and their achievement by volunteering at this event!
Who volunteers for Girls on the Run sedgwick County? Parents, teachers, coaches (in any sport), high school students and local college students all support our program. We welcome corporations and local businesses to come out and help too!
Early Bird & Afternoon Shifts
- Race Village Set-up 5 – 7 a.m. Assist with setting up barricades, signs, tables, and chairs in Race Village to prepare for 1,500 runners and hundreds of spectators.
- School Village Set-up 6 – 7:30 a.m. Assist with setting up signs in school village to prepare for 25 schools to line up for the race.
- Packet Pick-Up 6:45 – 8:45 a.m. Distribute packets and 5k t-shirts to runners in the registration area.
- Finisher Food & Water 7:00 – 10:30 a.m. Set-up and distribute water and food to runners post-race in the finish chute.
- Finisher Medals 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. Award 5k Participants with finisher medals post-race in the finish chute.
- Runner Results 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Post results and assist runners with searching for their finishing times.
- Teardown Race Village 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Assist with breaking down barricades, signs, tables, chairs and tents in Race Village.
- Volunteer Check-in 5:00 – 10:00 a.m. Work at the Volunteer Check-in tent in Race Village and hand out volunteer t-shirts and direct volunteers to their post.
- Race Village Security 6:00 – 10:00 a.m. Ensure Race Village is closed to traffic and safe for runners and spectators.
- Information tent 6:30 – 11:00 a.m. Work at the Information tent in Race Village and help answer questions and direct runners and spectators.
- 5k Course Marshal/Security 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. Ensure the course is closed to traffic and safe for runners.
Please contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!